Saturday, February 18, 2012

Do it yourself - necklace holder

 I love to collect cute necklaces, the older it looks the cuter (vintage). 
Pair it up with a simple top and it can take your outfit to a new level.
 I have been looking for a perfect necklace organizer/holder but found nothing but jewelry boxes or little drawers. 
A jewelry box is a nice storage too, you can keep it inside your drawer and will keep your precious necklace clean but as you tend to add more its very hard to select and in the end it gets entangled up with each other.



This is what I made:

My very own necklace organizer hahaha i mounted it on the wall.
The advantage of the wall mounted holder is that all your necklaces are easily seen, and you can easily pick the one that you want.
I can only think of one disadvantage, the dust :(



things you need:
construction paper
scotch tape
wrapper (use it as a design for the outline)
nails




step 1: 
cut your desired outline (wrapper) and place it on your wall, stick your construction paper using tape.



step 2:
I call this the hammering process (make sure nobody is sleeping) hahaha... Just got reprimanded by hubby, he woke up telling me to stop it! Since im excited to finish this project i still continued with my hammering hihihi...  Use a small sized nail and hammer it to the wall (one inch apart).


 Voila!!!


Have a happy Sunday,
Lovegigi16


2 comments:

  1. Awesome idea! i need this badly... Too bad I'm not as handy with a hammer as you (read: disaster..and possibly an ER visit) :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahha you made me laugh!! i can do it for you :)

    ReplyDelete